On Saturday 18th June 2016 the Bishop celebrated Mass, preached and confirmed Mrs Deborah Tesfaye at the Church of St Alban the Martyr, Salford, Greater Manchester.
The Parish, which originally began in the Church of England, was having a triple celebration. Deborah’s Confirmation, the keeping of the Patronal Festival and the 160th anniversary of the Church’s foundation. The Bishop remembered in his prayers former worshippers both post and pre the congregation joining the ACC, including the clergy who have faithfully served St Albans, from first Parish Priest Fr John Edmund Sedgwick.

St Alban’s, having been scheduled for closure and demolition, saw the congregation homeless. On 13th February 1994 they voted to leave the Church of England and be received into the ACC.

After worshipping in various places, a former butchers shop was bought and converted into a Church. This was duly consecrated by the, then Bishop Ordinary of the Diocese of the United kingdom, Bishop Leslie Hamlett on 10th October 1998.

The original Church was splendid. This black and white photo dates from 1938 – prior to the wartime bomb damage. Although far more humble the present Church radiates with love and faithfulness.