Safeguarding in the Anglican Catholic Church, Diocese of the United Kingdom
If you have information about a safeguarding situation where a child or adult is in immediate danger or requires immediate medical attention call the emergency services on 999. Do not delay.
The Diocese of the United Kingdom Safeguarding Team, DUKST, is working to increase the capacity and expertise of parishes within the diocese and other church activities to respond to safeguarding concerns and support victims and survivors. We are not able to offer either an emergency or 24-hour response but there are a number of Safeguarding Advisors in the diocese and Safeguarding Officers in every parish.
If you wish to report any safeguarding concerns directly to the Safeguarding Officer please make contact using the form below. We will ensure that any concerns are referred to the relevant authority and/or statutory agency, as appropriate.
We understand reporting abuse may be very difficult and distressing to you and it may add to your hurt by our not being able to immediately assist you. Therefore, here are the contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
• NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
• Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
• National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
• Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
• Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9am-5pm).
The Diocesan Safeguarding Team:
Diocesan Lead Safeguarding Officer: Fr. M. Charlesworth
Email – email@example.com
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Officer: Fr. G. Parry
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org