Parish Church of St Alban the Martyr, Salford
Please click on the thumbnails below to view larger picture.
Confirmation at St Alban's, Manchester, April 2004
L-R: The Vicar General, Fr Jim Petty, Martin Ighodaro, Fr Charles Johnson, Bp Rommie Starks, Confirmee Isabella Ighodaro, Michael Ingram
St Alban's Church, Manchester, from outside
Converted from a former Shop
Inside the Church
St Alban's Church, Manchester, Inside
Blessing at Rest Home 2005
Fr Charles Johnson (St Alban's salford) Blesses the new extension
of the Kersal Dale Rest Home, on Saturday 5th February 2005.
The Congregation after mass on Easter Day 2006
St Alban's Salford, Saturday 24th March 2007, Father Tim Perkins (Left) is presented with his Certficate of Reception, after being received into the Anglican Catholic Church, by the Vicar General, whilst the Parish Priest of St Albans, Father Charles Johnson, looks on.
New Frontal 2008
Saturday 8th March 2008. Bishop Rommie Starks and Mrs Pat Johnson pictured with the new All Seasons frontal Mrs Johnson has made for St Albans.
Saturday 9th August 2008 The Vicar General receives Thomas Edward Kendall into the ACC before Mass. Pictured with Fr Tim Perkins curate at St Alban's.
New Dean Appointed 2008
Saturday 29th November 2008, The Very Rev Charles Johnson, New Dean of the North, with the Bishop after his licensing.
New Lay Reader Appointed
On Saturday 11th July 2009 in St Ninian's Church Witby N Yorks the Bishop licensed Howard James Marsh as a Lay Reader for the Salford Parish.
New Lay Reader Appointed (2)
The new Lay Reader makes his promises to abide by the Canons and Constitution of the Church and obey lawful authority
New Lay Reader Appointed (3)
New Lay Reader Appointed (4)
Mr Marsh receives his Readers Licence
Bishop's Visit, 22 August 2009 (1)
Father Tim Perkins, Curate of St Alban's, leads the congregation in praying the Angelus before Mass.
Bishop's Visit, 22 August 2009 (2)
The Bishop blesses the reordered Church
Bishop's Visit, 22 August 2009 (3)
The Bishop Confirms John Alban Ben'et Pendlebury.
Bishop's Visit, 22 August 2009 (4)
After preaching, the Bishop presented the Parish with a documented 2nd Class Relic of St John the Apostle and Evangelist
Bishop's Visit, 22 August 2009 (5)
The Bishop presents Mr Pendlebury with his Confirmation Certificate as Father Johnson (Parish Priest) and Father Perkins (Curate) look on.
Bishop's Visit, 22 August 2009 (6)
Some of those who attended the service, outside the Church after Mass
Blessing the Summer House (1)
On Thursday 8th October 2009 the Feast of S.Brigit of Sweden. The Very Revd Charles Johnson, Chaplain of Kersal Dale Rest Home, Kersal, Salford, Manchester. Assisted by Mr Howard Marsh, blessed the new Summer House.
Blessing of Summer House (2)
Bishops Visitation July 2010
Before Mass on Sunday 11th July the Bishop received into the Full Communion of the ACC Dr Peter William Hurst.
Bishops Visitation July 2010
After Mass Mr David Miller, presented the Bishop with a framed picture of The Madonna and Child (for himself) and 2 unframed oil canvas paintings of Our Lady for use in the Diocese.
The Infant of Prague
On Saturday 11th September at St.Albans, Salford. A statue of The Holy Infant of Prague, given in memory of Miss Susan Margaret Mary Hartley, was blessed by Fr.Tim Perkins,
during Solemn Mass.
Fr Howard Marsh's First Mass
The Revd Howard Marsh, who was ordained the previous day at his Mission in Bolton, Lancashire, celebrated the Sunday Mass at St Alban's Church, on Sexagesima Sunday (27th February) 2011. After the Mass Miss Isabella Ighodaro presented him with a gift on behalf of the congregation
Fr Howard Marsh's First Mass (2)
The congregation with Fr Marsh after his first Mass
"Suffering Church Day" 8th October 2011
Some 28 people attended the Suffering Church Afternoon organised by St.Alban the Martyr, Salford, Greater Manchester.
The Very Revd Charles Johnson, Parish Priest, officiated at the non sacramental service assisted by Fr.Howard Marsh (Our Lady & St Edward, Bolton) and Brother Getu gave the address.
Some £70. 00p was raised for the Barnabas Fund.
Archbishop Visit 2012 (1)
On Saturday 14th April 2012 the Most Revd Mark Haverland visited St Albans and blessed the Processional Cross given my David Miller in memory of his late wife Joan.
Archbishop Visit 2012 (2)
The Archbishop is seen here with David Miller who donated the cross.
Barnabas Day 2012
On Saturday 10th November 2012 at St.Alban The Martyr Salford. A service of readings and prayers, was held in aid of the Barnabas Fund, some 26 people attended. Fr.Charles officiated and Pastor Getu from the Ethiopian Christian Fellowship gave the address.
£80. 00p was raised for the Barnabas Fund.
The service was followed by lunch provided by the Ethiopian Christian fellowship.
New Chairs for the Church
In October 2012 St Alban's took delivery of new wooden church chairs (a gift to the Parish from Bishop Mead). The sanctuary area was being prepared to also receive a new Altar so a temporary arrangement was set up until the new sanctuary was ready.
Christmas 2012 - New Altar
The Church of St Alban the Martyr, Salford, Greater Manchester, celebrated Christmas 2012 with a new Altar.
The wooded altar with canopy, reredos and gradine and the Altar Stone was given on extended loan to the Anglican Catholic Church of St Alban the Martyr, Saford, Greater Manchester, by The Right Revd Damien Mead, Bishop Ordinary of the Diocese of the United Kingdom, Anglican Catholic Church, on 28th October 2012. Prior to this it was used in the Domestic Oratory of the Bishop at his residence in Lydd, Kent from August 2007.
Christmas 2012 - New Altar (2)
Before coming into Bishop Mead's care this altar stone and altar were taken from the former Chapel of St Benedict's Convent, Penton Lodge, Penton Mewsey, Andover, Hampshire on 23rd June 2007 where it had been since 1946. Previously is was in the same altar in the chapel of St Benedict's High School in Fareham where it had been from 1935. It is believed to be the same altar stone used in the home of Eugenie Kendall (1890 - 1969), later Reverend Mother , Superior and Prioress, foundress of St Benedict's Convent School. in her home at Hatherden, near Andover, in 1921 (Upon which Mass was celebrated daily by the Roman Catholic parish priest of St John the Baptist, Andover, Fr James O'Sullivan) as refered to in her letter dated 29th April 1936 written to the RC Bishop of Portsmouth.
Christmas 2012 - New Altar
The altar in situ at St Benedict's Convent & School, Penton Lodge, Penton Mewsey, Andover, Hants 1970's